Operations and Engineering Analyst
- Decatur County REMC - Operations
- Greensburg, IN, USA
- Full Time
- • The REMC offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary structure commensurate with qualifications and experience, including pension, 401k, medical and ancillary plans. Decatur County REMC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Operations and Engineering Analyst is responsible for assisting the daily functions of the Operations and Engineering department, processing work orders and supporting the purchasing functions for the cooperative.
- Assist Engineering department with creating and maintaining distribution systems technology strategy and new load design for DCREMC.
- Assist in the creation of Construction Work Plans.
- Coordinate locates and member requests.
- Assist with yearly contracts and bids.
- Perform month-end work order closing and create required reports.
- Review purchase orders and invoices.
- Maintain annual cost estimates for assembly units, member items and assets.
- Serve as back-up dispatching and staking.
- A technical degree is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Distribution electrical engineering experience preferred.
- Familiar with RUS electric distribution construction standards preferred.
- Proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to prepare records, letters, reports and other formal documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to describe and explain concepts, negotiate and persuade/motivate.
- Strong ability to manage emotions and frustrations in a productive manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage tasks and time effectively.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently, in an office and outdoors, in conjunction with other offices, organizations and/or departments.
- Ability to interact frequently with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime and assist as needed during outage restoration efforts.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts